Let’s face it: no matter what the age, acne can be quite the frustration. When your hair follicles are filled with dead skin cells or plugged with oil, the result can be a nuisance. Whitehead, pimple, blackheads, or cysts can form on the forehead, chest, upper back, shoulders, and face and can ruin a great picture or your self-esteem. If self-care remedies, diet change, lifestyle change, and other treatments do not work, it may help to seek prescription strength medication in the treatment of acne. Bacteria and hormonal changes in the body can also cause acne. Rx Assistance Programs offers prescription assistance for different types of acne medication such as Aczone.
Acne Triggers and Prevention
There are a number of factors that can influence the underlying causes of acne:
- There are a number of medications, such as lithium, testosterone, and corticosteroids that can worsen symptoms of acne.
- There are certain foods that have been proven in small studies to increase the prevalence of acne. Carbohydrate-rich foods such as bagels, chips, and bread, foods that contain dairy such as skim milk, and chocolate have been long-suspected to cause an increase in acne.
- Boys and girls can experience acne during puberty because the sebaceous glans can enlarge and produce more sebum. The use of oral contraceptives, menstrual cycle, and pregnancy can also cause hormonal swings that can cause this condition. Men or women on testosterone therapy may also see a rise in the amount of acne on their bodies.
- High levels of the stress hormone Cortisol can also make acne symptoms worse.
- Teenagers are the most likely to get acne.
- Greasy or oily substances. Many people that are exposed to deep fryers and cooking oil for sustained periods of time may experience side effects.
- If your family has had a bad history of acne, you are more likely to develop symptoms.
Aczone (Dapsone) Gel 5% Prescription Assistance
Aczone is used to treat acne vulgaris in individuals of all ages. It is an antimicrobial agent and is technically an antibiotic because the main ingredient is a sulfone antibiotic. This can be used along with lifestyle changes, other medications, and other topical treatments to clear your acne faster. It is effective in treating adult acne and acne in ages 12 and over.
Acne Prescription Assistance
Our mission is to provide uninsured and under-insured Americans prescription medication at a reduced cost. We do this through the use of patient assistance programs (PAPs) that are sponsored by pharmaceutical companies that try to help with the financial costs of their own medication. We work directly with these companies and your doctor’s office and also complete all the necessary paperwork and filing to ensure your medication is mailed directly to your doorstep. If you have any questions about eligibility, the medications we cover, or our process, give us a call at 1-(855) 201-0232 or visit our contact page.